Bonner resident sentenced to life for rape of relatives
A Bonner Springs resident was handed a life sentence on Aug. 18 for rape and aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
Gregory Lopez, 53, was sentenced in Wyandotte County District Court to life with a minimum of 25 years under Jessica’s Law for one count of rape, and an additional 272 months to run consecutively to the first sentence for one count of aggravated indecent liberties with a child. According to Bonner Springs Police Department Lt. Rick Schubert, the victims in question were two female relatives of Lopez's, ages 17 and 6.
Schubert said the incidents occurred over a 10-year span, between 2000 and 2010. In February of this year, he said, one of the victims told a family member about the abuse. The family member then made a report to police.
Lopez was arrested in March, after an investigation by Bonner Springs Police.
More like this story
- Animal health effort in Kansas and Missouri notes 10 years
- Fall sports make early autumn 'perfect time of year'
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Face to Face: Don Wheeler, Bonner Springs City Band Commission
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Bob Reeves, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 3