Letter: Thanks to Flying High
To the editor:
I just wanted to make sure that a big thank you goes out to Lorna Simms-Carter, and Teresa Bolton, who volunteered their time and talents running the 2011 Flying High Summer Reading Program.
This was the first year that my two children attended, and they not only enjoyed attending, but looked forward to each week with anticipation and excitement.
Lorna and Teresa have created a much-needed program for children in the community. The program helps to maintain the level of reading and to nurture growth in reading throughout the summer months. The wonderful thing about this program is it helps build self-esteem in the child and better prepares them for their upcoming school year.
A big thanks also to many young and older volunteers who donated their time throughout the summer helping out with the reading program.
Kudos to you all! We’ll be back next year for sure!
More like this story
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive