November 22, 2011
10 Years Ago — Nov. 21, 2001
The Edwardsville City Council approved bow hunting within the city limits.
Engraved, personalized bricks were being installed in Centennial Park in Bonner Springs by city employees. A total of 256 bricks had been sold.
Christina McCarty was named as the winner of the Most Valuable Player award on the Basehor-Linwood volleyball team.
25 Years Ago — Nov. 27, 1986
Paul Runnels was the new president of the Basehor Kiwanis Club. Sam Kemler was vice president and John Klingenberg was secretary-treasurer.
Construction was started on the first building in the new Bonner Springs Industrial Park. The building was owned by Freeman Construction.
Ernst Ulmer, local artist, donated a painting of Lakewood Park as a prize for the New Century Club holiday homes tour.
50 years Ago — Nov. 23, 1961
A new water system was being planned for Basehor. The system would be financed by the Farm Home Administration.
The Kansas City Rolling Pioneers announced plans for a wheelchair basketball game at the high school gym.
Ken Cochran was the head basketball coach at Bonner Spring High School. Bill Sigley was the new JV coach.
100 Years Ago — Nov. 23, 1911
John McDanield donated land next to Bonner Springs City Hall for the construction of a fire bell tower. The tower was designed so people could hear the fire bell all through the city.
Basehor defeated Bonner Springs 11-0. Bonner was without two of its players.
The city received complaints about the condition of the sidewalk on Pine Street between Clark and Sheidley.
The Bell Telephone Company was installing service in the Sinai area. Eight residents had signed up for service.
Originally published at: http://www.bonnersprings.com/news/2011/nov/22/remember-when/