Democrat Primary candidate questionnaire: Pat Petty, Senate District 6
Biographical information for Pat Pettey
Years lived in district: since birth
Family: Husband, John 2 daughters : Alicia Brown & Andrea Watson their hasbands and 5 grandchildren
Professional experience: 36-year career educator in the Turner school Dist.
Political and civic experience: 2 terms Ks House of representatives and 13 ½ years commissioner with the Unified Government and service past and present on many community boards
Democratic candidate Pat Pettey answered the following questions for The Chieftain:
• Why did you decide to run for this seat?
The 6th district deserves to have a senator that is in tune with their needs and ready to serve them and not a personal agenda
• What will be your primary goal or goals if elected?
Protect quality funding for public education without a strong public education system we will not attract new business because we will not have educated employees to take the jobs. Continued funding of the T-Works program so we have a quality infrastructure system.
• Do you think schools are adequately funded? If not, what would be a proper level of funding and how would the state get that revenue?
No we need to look at the mills levied statewide and not the LOB.
• Are there areas in the state budget that could be reduced? Please provide specifics.
No answer provided.
• Why should voters select you instead of your opponent?
I have a proven record of working hard and being committed to the citizens I represent. I have the experience to get right to work in 2013.