BLHS senior Johnson selected to 2013 Shrine Bowl
Basehor-Linwood senior Ben Johnson was selected this week to the 2013 Shrine Bowl’s east roster to compete in the annual showcase on July 27 at Washburn University’s Yager Stadium in Topeka.
Johnson was selected by a mail ballot of more than 25 sports media professionals and members of the 2013 Shrine Bowl coaching staff. The annual showcase donates all net profits each year to the Shriners Hospitals for Children, a total that has exceeded $2 million thus far.
More like this story
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Wyandotte Plaza among areas just east of Village West seeing revitalization