BSHS girls still unblemished after Top Gun Tournament victory
The Bonner Springs girls basketball team swept through the Top Gun Tournament in Wellsville over the weekend, earning its first tournament championship since joining the eight-team field.
The Braves (12-0) stayed perfect on the year after they defeated Spring Hill (9-4)— the 2011 Top Gun champs — 48-40 on Saturday.
Bonner Springs began the tournament with a 52-28 victory against tournament hosts, Wellsville on Tuesday. The team followed up with another commanding performance on Thursday in a 51-25 victory against Baldwin.
Stay tuned for more highlights from the weekend, and a preview of Bonner Springs' Tuesday night league game at Piper (7-5, 4-2)
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Kansas designates Wednesday as Military Appreciation Day
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Mike Thompson, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 1
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty