BSHS girls still unblemished after Top Gun Tournament victory
The Bonner Springs girls basketball team swept through the Top Gun Tournament in Wellsville over the weekend, earning its first tournament championship since joining the eight-team field.
The Braves (12-0) stayed perfect on the year after they defeated Spring Hill (9-4)— the 2011 Top Gun champs — 48-40 on Saturday.
Bonner Springs began the tournament with a 52-28 victory against tournament hosts, Wellsville on Tuesday. The team followed up with another commanding performance on Thursday in a 51-25 victory against Baldwin.
Stay tuned for more highlights from the weekend, and a preview of Bonner Springs' Tuesday night league game at Piper (7-5, 4-2)
More like this story
- Helzbergs to speak at USD 204 Rise and Shine Breakfast
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Kansas designates Wednesday as Military Appreciation Day