Police make further arrests in Nov. 2 assault
Bonner Springs Police have arrested and charged two individuals in the Nov. 2 robbery and assault of a 24-year-old Basehor man and may charge another woman in the case.
Lt. Rick Schubert said Juanita McAnally, 51, of Bonner was arrested and charged with robbery, aggravated battery and aggravated kidnapping. Her bond was set at $100,000.
Johnnie Duncan, 52, of Kansas City, Kan., last week was charged with robbery and battery. His bond was set at $50,000.
The Basehor man told police he was robbed of his billfold, which only contained a few dollars, and assaulted about 10:30 a.m. Nov. 2 at 63 Lilac Lane in the Bonner Springs Estates mobile home development. His injuries were not life-threatening, but Schubert said he had never seen anyone beaten so badly. The man was taken to Providence Medical Center.
More like this story
- Topeka to pay $10K for sewage release
- Bonner council gets a reminder of the expense of water, wastewater utilities
- Hogs, residents compete for Kansas county's water supply
- Kansas cattle inventory on the upswing after drought years
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand