Butch Foster Memorial Baseball Classic on deck
The Butch Foster Memorial Baseball Classic kicks off again on Thursday at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas City, Kan.
The eight teams in the field are guaranteed three games from Thursday to Saturday. Kaw Valley League schools are seeded 1 through 4 and begin the tournament matched up against a non-league school, also seeded No. 1 through 4.
Paola and Bonner Springs open the tournament at noon Thursday, followed by Tonganoxie and Holton at 2:30 p.m., Perry-Lecompton and St. James at 5 p.m. and Spring Hill and Basehor-Linwood at 7:30 p.m. Games on Thursday and Friday will be played ahead of schedule to stay on schedule Saturday and Sunday will be used as a make-up date in the event of inclement weather.
First-place will receive the tournament’s traveling trophy and medals will awarded to the second-place team and all-tournament selections. Now a 5A school, St. James — the defending Class 4A champion — won the Butch Foster Memorial Baseball Classic in 2012.
Admission is $5 per day or $12 for a tournament pass for adults and $4 per day for students. Fans can purchase tickets and enter through Gate A, the only gate open for the tournament.
Saturday’s championship game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
More like this story
- State Avenue Connex wins recognition but popularity shows it real value
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Eric Freeman, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 4
- Kansas governor wants no tax debate, expects no budget drama