Artwork created in workshops to be displayed at fundraiser
Area children will have a chance later this month to create artwork that will be displayed at the Bonner Springs City Library’s Jazz on the Lake fundraiser Feb. 16.
Children grades kindergarten through fifth and teens in sixth through 12th grades can come to the library 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24, for the “Reach for the Stars” Kidscape and Teenopolis events. Participants will paint large banners. Students and teachers from the Kansas City Art Institute will help design the banner.
Pizza will be served to all participants.
At 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 25, younger children will get a chance to make their contribution in the Ad Astra Per Aspera Kansas Day Prairie Painting. Participants will paint a prairie full of stars for display at the fundraiser.
Register for each of these programs by contacting the library at 913-441-2665.
More like this story
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases
- Kansas lawmakers to resume talks over proposed tax increases
- Kansas Senate plans to debate raising taxes to fix budget
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives