Driver transported to hospital after striking deer on K-7
A Lansing man was taken to the hospital after his car struck a deer on Kansas Highway 7 early Wednesday morning.
The Kansas Highway Patrol reported that Charles Silver, 37, was northbound on K-7 about 7:05 a.m. when he struck the deer just south of Interstate 70 in Bonner Springs. The deer had jumped in front of Silver's Mazda sedan and came through the windshield.
Silver was transported to Providence Medical Center; the highway patrol did not list the extent of his injuries. He was wearing his seat belt.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Garrett Mellott, Edwardsville City Council
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament