Kansas City man charged in road rage incident
Charges were filed late last month against a Kansas City, Kan., man who assaulted a woman on Interstate 70 in Bonner Springs in a fit of road rage.
Thomas Shultz, 53, was charged with aggravated battery and criminal damage to property for an incident on Nov. 28. A Lawrence woman exited I-70 to Kansas Highway 7 when he passed her, blocked the roadway with his car to force her to stop, and then repeatedly hit her car and car door with a baseball bat, breaking her window.
Lt. Rick Schubert said Shultz apparently was angry that the woman had cut him off on I-70. The victim got Shultz’s license plate number and drove herself to the Bonner Springs Police Department to report the incident. She was then transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
Schubert credited Det. Vickie Fogarty with tracking down the suspect and investigating the case.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Dani Gurley, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 2
- Bonner district elementaries announce kindergarten roundups
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013