MARC offers meeting for streetlight feedback
The Mid-America Regional Council will have a community meeting Jan. 29 to get feedback on the installation of new high-efficiency streetlights in Edwardsville.
The lights were installed as part of the Smart Lights for Smart Cities initiative using federal grant funding. The meeting will gather information from residents in Basehor, Lansing and Tonganoxie, as well, and will take place at 7 p.m. at Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace in Lansing.
The new LED lights were placed in many locations in Edwardsville, including along 102nd Street/ 9th Street, Beach Street, Swartz Road west of 102nd Street, Riverview Avenue near 110th Street, and portions of Kaw Drive. A map showing where lights were installed in the city can be found at marc.org/Environment/Energy/smartlights.htm.
MARC would like to know what residents think of the color, brightness, glare and safety factors for the new lights.
Residents who cannot attend the meeting can share opinions at marckcvoices.com.
More like this story
- Edwardsville Parks and Rec's Gold Glove Week to raise funds for Children's Mercy
- Shawnee police recover stolen iPad belonging to special needs child
- New SRO enjoying working face-to-face with teens
- Bonner Springs High service club earns top award
- Kansas amputee shuns self-pity, shoots for Paralympic gold