Parks and recreation offers babysitting course
The Bonner Springs Parks and Recreation Department is offering a babysitting class for youth 11 to 15 years old from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at the Bonner Springs Community Center, 200 E. Third St.
This course provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to care for infants through school-aged children. Topics include safety issues, preventing injuries and illnesses, infant/child CPR, care for choking and age-appropriate behavior and play.
Students successfully completing the class will receive a certificate for babysitting.
The fee is $40 for Bonner Springs residents and $45 for non-residents, and the registration deadline is Feb. 1.
For more information, contact Dustin Care, Recreation Coordinator, at 913-422-3404.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Dani Gurley, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 2
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Cynthia Meyer
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Bob Reeves, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 3
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jordan Mackey, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 3