Power outage affects Bonner Springs
A power outage seems to be affecting much of southern Bonner Springs.
The power went out about 4:34 p.m., affecting the downtown area, the traffic signal at Nettleton and Kump avenues, and the Bonner Springs City Library. A map on Westar Energy's website showed 51-500 customers are affected, with the symbols showing outages concentrated in the southwest portion of the city.
A Westar representative said the outage is affecting about 600 customers and was due to two pieces of equipment that failed. The failure was not heat related, he said, and a crew is working on the repairs. At 5:20, he said the power should be restored in the next couple of hours.
The Bonner Springs City Library planned to close at 6 p.m., rather than 8 p.m., if the power was not restored by then.
Update: Power was restored to the library about 5:30 p.m., so it will keep its regular hours. However, some residents reported they still did not have power.
More like this story
- Community Easter Egg Hunt set for Bonner Springs
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday