BSHS baseball alumni game postponed to May 10
As part of the annual Bonner Springs alumni baseball game, players from years past have already been treated to another familiar staple of the spring sport: a weather postponement.
Saturday’s scheduled game has been rescheduled to take place May 10 at 7 p.m. after weather forecasts indicated a pair of storms expected to bring more winter weather to the area this weekend.
On the bright side, BSHS baseball coach Scott Lero noted, moving the game back should allow returning alumni to play on a newly renovated field come May.
“Hopefully it finally works out this year and now we will do it under the lights,” Lero said.
Meanwhile, this year’s Braves squad opens its schedule with a doubleheader against Lansing at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- Selling the city: Officials work to ensure Bonner Springs reaps benefits of area growth
- Wyandotte County's housing growth continues
- State Avenue Connex wins recognition but popularity shows it real value