BSHS baseball alumni game postponed to May 10
As part of the annual Bonner Springs alumni baseball game, players from years past have already been treated to another familiar staple of the spring sport: a weather postponement.
Saturday’s scheduled game has been rescheduled to take place May 10 at 7 p.m. after weather forecasts indicated a pair of storms expected to bring more winter weather to the area this weekend.
On the bright side, BSHS baseball coach Scott Lero noted, moving the game back should allow returning alumni to play on a newly renovated field come May.
“Hopefully it finally works out this year and now we will do it under the lights,” Lero said.
Meanwhile, this year’s Braves squad opens its schedule with a doubleheader against Lansing at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Mike Thompson, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 1
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Bike Show honors Kobi’s founder, benefits Vaughn-Trent
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Dani Gurley, Bonner Springs City Council Ward 2