Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties
The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning that’s in effect until 4:30 p.m. today for the area.
Leavenworth County, northwestern Johnson County and western Wyandotte County all are included in the warning.
The NWS expects 2-3 inches of rain to fall with locally higher amounts expected.
Jefferson County and northern Shawnee County are in a flood advisory until noon today.
More like this story
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- Flash flood watch issued for Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte Counties
- Heavy rain causes lowland flooding in south-central Kansas
- Steady rain swelling Missouri, Kansas streams, rivers
- Blizzard warning issued for northwest Kansas