Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
Kansas City, Kan. Wyandotte County officials say an off-duty deputy was shot and critically wounded when he walked into a convenience store early Wednesday during an armed robbery.
Sheriff's Lt. Kelli Bailiff says the deputy had just left work and still had his uniform on when he stopped at a 7-Eleven in Kansas City, Kan., when the suspects ran into the store, apparently to rob it. They shot the deputy several times.
Bailiff says at least three suspects are being sought. Two men were arrested Wednesday morning but Bailiff says it is not confirmed that they are suspects in the shooting and robberies.
She says investigators are trying to determine if three other robberies at gas stations and convenience stores in the Kansas City region were committed by the same suspects.
More like this story
- Friday morning police chase, shooting originates in Bonner Springs
- Young would-be robber's effort stymied by clerk's stare
- Police arrest suspects in Tuesday morning armed robbery following chase
- Man found dead after standoff in Kansas City, Kan.
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer