Police: 11 injured in Great Bend crash involving spider
Great Bend Authorities say 11 people were sent to the hospital after a collision in Great Bend was caused by a 17-year-old girl who tried to kill a spider.
The Hutchinson News reports the teenager was driving along U.S Route 56 Sunday when she noticed a spider on her lap. The Kansas Highway Patrol says she let go of the steering wheel to swat at it and her vehicle crossed the center lane, colliding with a car before bouncing off and striking a second car.
The report says three people in the first car and five people in the second vehicle were transported to Great Bend Regional Hospital for treatment. The 17-year-old girl was also taken to the hospital.
Police say debris from the second collision struck and damaged another car, but the driver and his passenger weren't injured.
More like this story
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone