Church honors Bonner ‘Champions of Change’
A Bonner Springs church will host an event this weekend honoring Bonner Springs High School senior Blake McMahan and School Resource Officer Anthony Davis, who earlier this week were recognized at the White House as Champions of Change for their work to improve relationships between law enforcement and the community.
A ceremony will take place at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at Victory Assembly Church, 121 Allcutt. The church will show video of Monday's panel discussion at the White House, and McMahan and Davis will speak about their experience. Bonner Springs Mayor Jeff Harrington also will read a proclamation in their honor.
The event is open to the public and will be followed by a community barbecue.
More like this story
- Champions of Change: Bonner Springs High student, school resource officer visit White House
- Bonner Springs High student, resource officer recognized by White House
- Bonner High criminal justice students score high in competition
- 2015 in review: Top stories of the year
- Basehor, Bonner area students receive collegiate honors