Chad Lawhorn is a staff writer for the Lawrence Journal-World
- Legal battle over water means higher fees for rural Eudora customers
- October 20, 2010
- In eastern Douglas County, a long-simmering water war is starting to produce new levels of pain.
- Perkins abruptly retires from KU athletics
- September 8, 2010
- The buzzer has sounded on Lew Perkins’ tenure as Kansas University athletics director.
- Bison transplanted from South Dakota to Kansas Flint Hills
- October 28, 2009
- Perhaps this really is a prairie pot of gold.
- GOD TV owners purchase mansion near Linwood
- June 4, 2009
- Linwood is not Hollywood, but the small Leavenworth County town of about 400 people is now home to a pair of international TV personalities.
- Lawrence prepares for downtown Harley invasion
- Group also plans to visit Moon Marble Co.
- June 3, 2009
- Lawrence, get ready for a little horsepower harmony.
- Details of economic stimulus package eagerly awaited
- January 16, 2009
- As Barack Obama prepares to become the 44th President of the United States, most political observers are betting that his administration’s signature piece of legislation is already in the hopper. Even before it has been hatched, the expected economic stimulus package is being labeled as the largest public works project since the creation of the U.S. interstate system.
- Jefferson County rejects move of Wakarusa Festival to ranch
- November 12, 2008
- The band will play on, but where is now a bigger question than ever.