Rob Roberts is news editor of The Dispatch
- Google Fiber attracting startups, creating nationwide buzz
- February 27, 2013
- If you want to know why Google Fiber is such a big deal, talk to Matthew Marcus.
- Five questions: Pet adoptions
- January 29, 2013
- Staff at Great Plains SPCA, which operates one of the region’s busiest pet adoption centers in Merriam, answered five questions about the four-legged friends they take in and adopt out.
- Local congregations rethinking ‘church’
- October 3, 2012
- Do you believe in God? When Gallup asked Americans that question last year, 92 percent said yes — only 4 percent fewer than in 1944.
- Bottoms up: Housing prices on rebound
- July 17, 2012
- Darin and Joy Hall bought their four-bedroom Shawnee home for $173,000 eight years ago and invested another $40,000 in a new roof, granite countertops and other updates.
- They do not compute
- Not all view Web, other tech tools as advances
- June 13, 2012
- In 1812, a group of English textile workers known as Luddites destroyed new laborsaving equipment threatening their livelihoods. Two hundred years later, the term “Luddite” survives, with a broader definition as one opposed to technological changes — such as the Internet.