See current severe weather alerts.
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- March 2, 2015
- Weather officials in Kansas are worried that the state’s lack of tornados last year will make citizens complacent going into tornado season this spring.
- Kansas sees lowest tornado total in 25 years
- December 29, 2014
- Kansas officials say the state saw the lowest number of tornadoes this year in 25 years.
- Q&A: Drones might help explain how tornadoes form
- December 18, 2014
- Researchers say they have collected promising weather data by flying instrument-laden drones into big Western and Midwestern storms. Now, they want to expand the project in hopes of learning more about how tornadoes form.
- Bonner reminds residents snow shoveling ‘strictly enforced’
- November 17, 2014
- The city of Bonner Springs wants to ensure that all residential and business property owners are aware of their responsibility to remove snow and ice on public sidewalks adjacent to their property and the consequences for noncompliance.
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under tornado watch
- June 30, 2014
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for area counties, including Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties.
- Several northeast Kansas counties in severe thunderstorm watch
- June 5, 2014
- Several area counties are in severe thunderstorm watches today.
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories
- March 27, 2014
- In like a lion and out like a lion?
- Bonner Springs snow crews survive winter unscathed
- March 11, 2014
- The Bonner Springs Public Works Department made it through this winter season relatively unscathed.
- Statewide tornado drill set for tomorrow
- March 3, 2014
- The state-wide Annual Tornado Drill will be conducted in the early afternoon on Tuesday.
- Wind advisory in effect for local counties
- February 20, 2014
- Much of the area is under a wind advisory as a wintry mix of precipitation also is expected.