See current severe weather alerts.
Get commuter and severe weather updates via e-mail or SMS text message
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories
- March 27, 2014
- In like a lion and out like a lion?
- Bonner Springs snow crews survive winter unscathed
- March 11, 2014
- The Bonner Springs Public Works Department made it through this winter season relatively unscathed.
- Statewide tornado drill set for tomorrow
- March 3, 2014
- The state-wide Annual Tornado Drill will be conducted in the early afternoon on Tuesday.
- Wind advisory in effect for local counties
- February 20, 2014
- Much of the area is under a wind advisory as a wintry mix of precipitation also is expected.
- Bonner Springs digging out after snowstorm
- February 5, 2014
- Things went as well as can be expected over the past 36 hours, given 9 inches of snowfall, for the Bonner Springs Public Works Department.
- Tonganoxie Phil: Early spring is on its way
- February 4, 2014
- Longtime physician by day, weather prognosticator by morning. Dr. Phil Stevens has been practicing medicine at the same office in downtown Tonganoxie for more than 58 years.
- Bonner Springs area braces for predicted snow storm
- City says it is ready to clear streets; schools closed Tuesday
- 01:56 p.m., February 3, 2014 Updated 09:50 a.m.
- The Bonner Springs area could receive between 6 and 10 inches of snow Tuesday and early Wednesday.
- Climatologist seeks volunteers to record precipitation
- August 21, 2013
- A state climatologist hopes to find resident volunteers to help track precipitation throughout Leavenworth County.
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- March 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that’s in effect until midnight for Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
- Keeping an eye on Mother Nature
- Bonner Springs resident Gil Hoag has dedicated nearly 40 years to recording local weather statistics
- March 28, 2012
- For nearly 40 years, Gil Hoag has been tracking Bonner Springs weather on handwritten charts in 12 file folders — one for every month.