See current severe weather alerts.
Get commuter and severe weather updates via e-mail or SMS text message
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- March 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that’s in effect until midnight for Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
- Keeping an eye on Mother Nature
- Bonner Springs resident Gil Hoag has dedicated nearly 40 years to recording local weather statistics
- March 28, 2012
- For nearly 40 years, Gil Hoag has been tracking Bonner Springs weather on handwritten charts in 12 file folders — one for every month.
- Severe-weather sirens meant to reach only outdoor areas, Leavenworth County official says
- March 13, 2012
- The high-pitched whine of emergency weather sirens rang throughout Leavenworth County March 7, just as it does the first Wednesday of every month at 11 a.m.
- Tornado watch issued for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties
- February 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties. It is in effect until 1 a.m. Wednesday.
- Heavy rains cause road closures in northesast Kansas
- Road in Lansing closed
- August 22, 2011
- Here are updates on road closures in northeast Kansas, including one in Lansing, as of late Monday morning:
- Ozone alert in effect Tuesday in metro KC
- August 1, 2011
- The prospect of unhealthy levels of smog today has prompted officials to issue an orange Ozone Alert for the entire metropolitan Kansas City area.
- NWS warns: Weekend will be hot
- July 14, 2011
- Temperatures during the weekend heat watch could reach as high as 100 degrees. Factoring in humidity, heat indices will be between 105 and 110 degrees.
- High water closes portion of Kansas Highway 5 in Lansing
- July 2, 2011
- Kansas Highway 5 in Leavenworth County is closed from Eisenhower Road to Mary Street in the city of Lansing due to high waters from the Missouri River on the roadway.
- Flooding occurs at Fort Leavenworth airfield
- June 29, 2011
- Rising levels of the Missouri River early Wednesday caused water to undercut the Union Pacific Railroad tracks northwest of Sherman Army Airfield at Fort Leavenworth, causing the area to flood.
- Republican group leader takes donations to Reading
- June 15, 2011
- The president of the Leavenworth County Republican Women group traveled to the town of Reading earlier this month to take donations from group members and help with cleanup efforts in the wake of the tornado that struck the town on May 21.