See current severe weather alerts.
Get commuter and severe weather updates via e-mail or SMS text message
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Climatologist seeks volunteers to record precipitation
- August 21, 2013
- A state climatologist hopes to find resident volunteers to help track precipitation throughout Leavenworth County.
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- March 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that’s in effect until midnight for Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
- Keeping an eye on Mother Nature
- Bonner Springs resident Gil Hoag has dedicated nearly 40 years to recording local weather statistics
- March 28, 2012
- For nearly 40 years, Gil Hoag has been tracking Bonner Springs weather on handwritten charts in 12 file folders — one for every month.
- Severe-weather sirens meant to reach only outdoor areas, Leavenworth County official says
- March 13, 2012
- The high-pitched whine of emergency weather sirens rang throughout Leavenworth County March 7, just as it does the first Wednesday of every month at 11 a.m.
- Tornado watch issued for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties
- February 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties. It is in effect until 1 a.m. Wednesday.
- Heavy rains cause road closures in northesast Kansas
- Road in Lansing closed
- August 22, 2011
- Here are updates on road closures in northeast Kansas, including one in Lansing, as of late Monday morning:
- Ozone alert in effect Tuesday in metro KC
- August 1, 2011
- The prospect of unhealthy levels of smog today has prompted officials to issue an orange Ozone Alert for the entire metropolitan Kansas City area.
- NWS warns: Weekend will be hot
- July 14, 2011
- Temperatures during the weekend heat watch could reach as high as 100 degrees. Factoring in humidity, heat indices will be between 105 and 110 degrees.
- High water closes portion of Kansas Highway 5 in Lansing
- July 2, 2011
- Kansas Highway 5 in Leavenworth County is closed from Eisenhower Road to Mary Street in the city of Lansing due to high waters from the Missouri River on the roadway.
- Flooding occurs at Fort Leavenworth airfield
- June 29, 2011
- Rising levels of the Missouri River early Wednesday caused water to undercut the Union Pacific Railroad tracks northwest of Sherman Army Airfield at Fort Leavenworth, causing the area to flood.